An easy guide to a mid-year goal audit
Jun 30, 2021
OMG Hello end of June! And where did you come from? I sometimes catch myself still thinking we are in the first quarter, and yet here we are halfway through the year! What? This got me thinking about how I need to revisit my goals and intentions, and give my life a little cleanse before heading into the second half of the year.
Whenever I sit down to do an audit on my life I have to look at: my goals, and where I am versus where I had wanted to be; I look at what’s holding me up, and where I want to go. If you can answer these questions then you will be well on your way to an efficient, goal orientated second half of 2021. BUT (and yes, that BUT is supposed to be in capital letters) often we lose track of the goals that we set in January, and then wonder through the rest of the year gearing up for a new chance again in January. Here is a little “ah ha” moment (as Oprah says): one doesn’t have to wait until January to relook at one’s goals: Say what?
The first step in realigning oneself mid-year is to relook at your January goals. Ask yourself three questions:
- What do I want my life to look like? Whenever I relook at my goals, the most important question I ask myself is “what do I want my life to look like?” Make sure that your goals do not contradict what you want your life to look like.
- Are you believing in yourself? Believe that you can achieve your goal. We often doubt ourselves - especially us woman. Well, stop right there. Yes, it may be a challenge but you need to believe in yourself and your ability to achieve the goals that you have set for yourself.
- What is your “why”? Make sure your goals are rooted in the “why” of what you are doing. Think about your intentions, and ask yourself “why am I doing this?” Then you will be able to easily identify what your goal is.
Once you have relooked at your goals - some of them may have changed, been scrapped or updated - then it is time to look at accomplishing your goals. It’s no use thinking of them every six months and doing nothing about them!
Here are my easy tips for accomplishing your goals:
- Make sure you write them down! For real: yip, that means pen and paper and actually writing. There is such value in this step as it not only clarifies your goal but also strengthens your intentions going forward.
- Break it down and form your “steps”. Breaking your ultimate goals down into smaller, more manageable steps makes a main goal less overwhelming and your route to get there clearer and easier.
- Hold yourself accountable. Set dates to meet the steps you outlined, and make sure you show up for yourself and meet them.
- Develop systems and strategies to effectively accomplish your goals.
If you follow these steps and something just isn’t working, or you are getting stuck and can’t achieve even the small steps of a goal, then you really need to relook at things and make sure that your goal is the right one for you right now.
A few of my posts in the past may help you:
Go get ‘em girls. You can do it! Make this second half of the year count, be productive and efficient, and get things done!